[C38] RPM Question

Glenn R. Terry Glenn.Terry at Sun.COM
Mon Oct 10 14:44:19 EDT 2005

I have the original M-30 engine with the original fixed two blade 15"x13" (according to the 38org. specs.).

The Engine specifications for the M-30 from:

http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/universal/200157/universal-owners-manual-m-30-specifications.html

a very useful web site I might add state:

Maximum RPM 	2800
Cruising Range (Approx.) 	2000-2400 RPM

At full throttle I am at 2,000 RPM.  The engine feels like it is revving
much higher than this.  Does anyone know what RPM I should be with this
prop at full throttle?  My feeling is that the Tack or the sending unit
are not correct.  Can anyone offer me a pointer on replacing these units?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

G!enn Terry
South Beach Boat Harbor