[C38] three blade fixed propeller

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Mon Oct 10 19:31:09 EDT 2005

The Mighty Quinn makes 5.5 kts at 2400 rpm with a two blade fixed prop
(by both of my GPS gadgets).  My old Signet guages regularly told me
something higher and my Navman units calibrated out of the box agree
with my GPS.  BTW, the bottom paint was new last year and I am in fresh
water with almost no bottom growth.
I am thinking of going to a 3 blade prop because I have heard it will
reduce "prop walk."  Is that true?

Thanks,
Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn  #114