[C38] Stern Ladder and railing

Duff, Russ (R.W.) rduff at visteon.com
Fri Mar 3 15:29:08 EST 2006

My boat has a stern ladder, but no opening in the aft railing.  Having to
climb over the railing makes it pretty tough to get back aboard. I was
thinking of cutting an opening in the rail and then using sections of
stainless tube and the necessary fittings to create an opening similar to
what I have seen in pictures of other C-38's.  Has anyone done this before?
Are there any cons to doing this?  Also, if I do make this mod, should I cut
out both horizontal sections so that you can just step right in, or should I
leave the middle horizontal piece like I see in the pics?

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Russ Duff
Catalina 38, Hull #112