[C38] Jib lead car positions

Duff, Russ (R.W.) rduff at visteon.com
Mon Mar 27 13:04:08 EST 2006

You've probably seen my previous posts about getting into racing this year
(LOOK OUT!).  Anyway, what I would like to know is where should I set the
cars for the jib sheets in different wind conditions/sailing angles?  I know
where I usually set them, but I don't know how correct they are for getting
optimum speed.  I have standard dacron sails, and my jib is a 150 roller
furling head sail with the protective UV cover sewn on.

Thanks in advance for all of the good advice.

Sincerely,
Russ Duff
Catalina 38, Hull #112
"AVANTURA"