[C38] The Goose

mark turner empty1 at ntlworld.com
Sat May 6 20:26:19 EDT 2006

Hi y'all,
This is just a brief update on The Goose's season.
First of all - she in now WHITE not blue!
I just returned to the UK after painting her.
I was very ably assisted by three young art graduates (all girls). who made the application of the Pettits Easypoxy easy!!
Guys in the yard were lining up to hire them. The tough bit was sanding off all the blue paint!!!
The ladies are now having a ball touring the US aboard Amtrak.
Meanwhile The Goose has been relaunched and will move next week from Coan River. VA to Zahnisers at Solomons Island,MD (slip J8).
I return to her on the 15th May and will be getting her ready for our vacation cruise.
May 20th is Zahnisers family fun day so we will stay for that and then set off on 21st for Annapolis. Weather permitting we aim to be in Annapolis 21/22 May, then up to Baltimore Inner Harbour on 23 to pick up our crew who arrive from UK on 24th."5th back down to Annapolis, 26th creek crawling, 27th to 29th Chesapeake Catalina Yacht Club Memorial Day weekend Raft Up (see www.sailccyc.org for details) 29th back to Zahnisers, then fly home late on 30th.
Be great to see any one around the area during our visit -especially anyone who can make part or all of the ccyc raft up. Rob and Ruth Cornelson - if you're out there it would be especially good to meet up and swap refit notes and horror stories.
Have a great season everyone.
Mark + Ruth Turner - The Goose # 80