[C38] Folding Props

Bill Ferrera ferreraelectric at msn.com
Thu Jun 15 11:35:39 EDT 2006

Hi All

In 2002 I installed a Martec feathering 3-bladed 16x10x1 prop on Freedom.

This prop as an adjustable pitch in both forward and reverse.  My reverse setting is almost without pitch, which has really helped in the rear walk that we all have.

When I first installed it, I did not have enough pitch in forward and would occasionally over rev to 3000 RPM.  At my last haul out I re-pitched it by turning one set screw, one turn and dropped the RPM's to a maximum 2800 which my redline.

I normally run in the neighborhood or 2000 to 2500, with a speed of approximately 5.3 to 6.5 knots.

This prop is a bit pricey, $2000.00, but with all of the benefits, I believe it is worth it.

Bill Ferrera
Freedom #297
Alameda, CA