[C38] c38 - Diesel Heater Installation

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Sat Jan 14 12:20:36 EST 2006

I have one installed on my boat, done by PO. It's installed in the port
lazerette up high and out as far as possible towards the hull.  The air
intake is through the aft galley bulkhead and the hot air ducting runs
through the engine compartment, behind the engine, then under the quarter
berth, under the sea berth and into the v-berth.  There are vents under the
quarter berth, the sea berth, across from the head and in the v-berth.  The
exhaust air is through the hull on the port side just a couple inches below
the deck level.

The heater is mounted up very high and out of the way so I don't lose much
space in the lazerette.  I just have to be little careful how high I pile
thinks when I'm using the heater.

My heater is an Espar but I doubt it's very different.

Good luck,

Rich, Legacy, #360