[C38] Water lift muffler

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Sun Jan 15 14:54:34 EST 2006

I just replaced my waterlift but I don't remember the brand.  It is very
close to the engine - maybe 3 inches from exhaust outlet to waterlift inlet.
I used very soft high-temperature silicone hose to make the connection and
so far, it works great (about 50 hours use).

I also found that on my boat, the waterlift was right up against the back of
the refrigerator.  Now that I've replaced it, and moved the waterlift
further aft, my refrigerator compressor (cold plate system) only runs about
1/4 as much.   Even when I am not using the engine, the refrigeration runs
much less.  There was a large area at the back of the refrigerator, between
the waterlift and the refrigerator box, that was not properly insulated.

Rich, Legacy, #360