[C38] propane and vang

Philip Gay eyriepg at msn.com
Sun Jan 15 15:58:12 EST 2006

I have seen some installations but was never quite happy with the locker drain mechanism.  The lower drain needs to be above water lever and there is not much difference in elevation between the cockpit seats and the waterline.

I took the easy way out and mounted my 10 lb tank in a large hefty fender holder, mounted off the back of the cockpit rail.  I used an aluminum tank and dressed it up with a sunbrella cover.  I use a solenoid to shut off propane flow into the boat when the stove is not in use.  I hated to hang anything off the stern as narrow as it is, but I never worry about propane settling into the cabin.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA