[C38] propane and vang

Scott and Ann ctigloo at gci.net
Tue Jan 17 23:09:23 EST 2006

When we bought Tacita II, we didn't trust the propane installation in
the port side cockpit locker. We installed two 6# narrow, vertical
bottles in a sturdy, white plastic housing that hangs outside the port
side stern rail. It's not much larger than the LifeSling on the opposite
side. The top has hinged clamps, making it easy to check the tanks and
turn the valves on and off. Any leak or excess expansion flows over the
side. We've never had a problem with lines fouling, and there's enough
room in the housing to store a small propane can to feed the barbecue,
if we had a barbecue.
Scott
Tacita II, #224