[C38] CNG in the SF Bay area

Jim and Barbara williams at barbara-james.com
Mon Feb 13 11:26:14 EST 2006

It's my understanding that the biggest work required to convert CNG to LP is
the plumbing required to make sure that the LP gas doesn't get into the
bilge.  Some folks just hang the tank from the stern pulpit (pushpit?), but
if you want it in the port locker you have to build an enclosure and vent it
overboard from the bottom.  You will probably want a gas detector for the
bilge as well.

Too bad that CNG didn't really catch on.  Much safer approach.

Jim Williams
C38 #180
Checks in the Mail
Norfolk, VA