[C38] Alternator connection. Does it go to the battery switch?

Tom T. tdtron at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 21:19:22 EDT 2006

John is right about the isolator not fully charging.  The diodes in the isolator lose about 1 volt.  Those big heat fins are there for a reason.

There are three wires going to the alternator, the Output, Tachometer and Field.  The Output is large but the other two smaller wires are about the same size.  If I remember right, I think the two smaller wires have different terminal ends so they can't be confused.

Tom T.