[C38] Rudder packing

Duff, Russ (R.W.) rduff at visteon.com
Mon Jun 12 10:38:37 EDT 2006

The discussion on the website is for getting the play out of the rudder
tube.  This wasn't my question.  Because I have wheel steering, the rudder
tube is cut open in the middle for attaching the steering quadrant, and
there is a brass stuffing box on the top of the bottom tube that the rudder
tube passes through.  This is where I need to replace the stuffing.

Sincerely,
Russ Duff
Catalina 38, Hull #112
"AVANTURA"