[C38] Propeller issue follow up

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 12:12:01 EDT 2006

Charles,

Can you still reach rated rpm with the new prop.  The reason that I ask is that I was overpropped for 4 years before replacing my propeller.  As a result, I couldn't reach max rpm under full throttle and I burned a lot of oil.  Consumption was about 1 quart every 10 hours.  I think that it was also bad on the engine.  With the new prop I can now reach max rpm, but don't go quite as fast at 80% rpm.

I just hauled Que Linda last week and amazed at how much difference in boat speed a little grass/slime on the bottom of the boat and on the prop makes.  We went from a little over 5 knots to 6.5 knots at the same rpm.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA

From: Charles Finn <charles at finn.ws>