[C38] has anyone changed the stern seat?

Tom Troncalli tdtron at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 23 20:21:58 EDT 2006

Hello Charles and group,

I don't have the specifictions and diminsions with me but I bought a
Chinese portable gasoline generator and built a sound enclosure box for it
so it would be much quieter.  I mount the generator and enclosure on the
stern seat and put a throwable cushion on it which created a 16" "booster
seat."

We now can see much better forward and the position is much more
comfortable, even though we now have to sit to the windward side to miss
hitting the backstay.

We have a 4 stroke Honda outboard for the dink so I fitted the generator to
use the outboard tank instead of the original built in tank the genset came
with which gives us more gasoline capacity.  The outboard tank sits on top
of the sound enclosure instead of the cushion when we are using the genset.

Tom Troncalli
Renata hull #95
St.  Pete, Fla