[C38] performance

Kenneth M. Sutto kmspacific at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:24:01 EDT 2007

  I recently bought a '83 Catalina. I am in the process of getting to know the boat and how it handles. It has the standard Universal 21hp engine and two blade prop. My big problem is every time I try to back out of my slip the stern wants to got to the port no matter which way I turn the wheel.  I have a tight slip length and width wise.
Is there some way I can get more control performance wise other than getting a bigger engine? Would a three blade prop help? What is the best way to turn the wheel once I get water flowing past the rutter?
Ken  Catalina #251