[C38] Teak oil or varnish/urethane?

mark turner empty1 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 3 13:15:34 EST 2007

Teak oil or varnish/urethane?I use Burgess Wood Sealer. It is more abrasion resistant than oils and doesnt suffer from the cracking of varnish. Best of all it is really easy to apply and touch up areas of high wear without having to do the whole thing. It can even be applied in the rain!!!!!! I found the finish of wood sealer alone very pleasant after two coats ( we actually applied it to larger areas with a sponge and rag). But if you want a high gloss finish you could use one of their topcoat applications. This is the web site http://www.woodsealer.co.uk/  if you call them they could tell you your nearest US distributor. I would never consider using anything else.attached pic of my last boat's sealed woodwork.