[C38] "new windows that fit over the outside"

Glenn Terry Glenn.Terry at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 24 19:08:55 EST 2007

Hi,

I just sent this and it got rejected from listserve as it was .3MB in
size with the attached pictures.  If this is of interest to you send me
your direct email and I will forward the pictures to you.

Regards,

G!enn

Glenn Terry wrote:
Attached are pictures of the replacement windows I had installed from:

http://www.cruisingconcepts.com/retroftwin.htm

A had a boat yard install them. They billed me 20 hours but at $90 an
hour that was a little bit of an ouch.  The best thing about the windows
is how they clean up the inside of the cabin. No curtains are required
as they are 'limo smoked' and the trim pieces eliminate any screws. Very
slick.

My thought was that the soft sealant tape never hardens.  I had the
windows done in the winter and was concerned that on a hot summer day
they would heat up and oozes around the edges.  That stuff is really a
mess and requires adhesive remover to clean it up.

I have also attached a modification I had made to the stern pulpit to
put two additional seats in like the new Catalinas.  A very nice
enhancement for functionality and does not detract from the beautiful
lines of our boats.

Good luck,

G!enn

I have had some problems sending attachments to this alias so if you
don't get the pictures and have an interest send me an email and I will
forward to you.

Adams, Julian wrote:

I have leaking ports also, and I was going to work on this problem in
the Spring. However Catalina Direct only has a replacement kit for the
Catalina 34 and 36's and do not list anything for the C-38's.  Also the
"new windows that fit over the outside" are not mentioned.  Would
appreciate more info. from Les H. on these items.

Julian Adams
****
Julian Adams
Professor of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, and of
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Michigan
830 N. University, Ann Arbor MI 48109-1048
Tel. (734)-763-3431; Fax (734)-647-0884; E-mail julian at umich.edu