[C38] New bow cleats

Gus Woods GWOODS at dineout.org
Fri Feb 23 16:02:49 EST 2007

I put two pop-up cleats on the bow, not as far out as the toe rails but
far enough to leave foot space. They drain into the anchor locker so the
minor leakage inherent in that design is not really a problem and they
are flush with the deck when not in use which I think is a safety
factor. I'm happy with the arrangement, dock lines don't get underfoot
as much as with the center cleat and the 'tripper' goes away completely
when you leave the dock.

>>> William Knowles <william_k_19810 at yahoo.com> 2/23/2007 11:18 AM >>>
Has annyone added extra cleats o te bow. I was
thinking maybe use the rail area. I just do not like
one cleat in a blow.