[C38] changing halyard

Patrick Harpole 1derful at comcast.net
Sat Feb 24 13:21:30 EST 2007

Changing halyards:::::::::::"why do it?"   as I understand all the "high-test" racing yachts use line....no cable....my line is frayed and looks tacky....the line I purchase has 8,800 pounds test with little or no stretch....a long time ago line like this did not exist....I think it should be relatively easy to change halyards.....especially if I don't have to change sheave....may not even have to go up mast....just connect old with new and pull.
Patrick