[C38] Fuel tank removal

Bill King wcking1 at cox.net
Thu May 3 17:54:44 EDT 2007

I have removed my fuel tank twice with no problem.  I have an 84 shoal
draft, #278.  Do not have the accesss door on the front of the quarter
berth.  That looks like something that was done aftermarket.
My fuel tank had pinhole leaks on the bottom, primarily around the welded
seams.  The guy who made the new one said that most aluminum diesel tanks
are good for about 15 -18 years.  They corrode from the inside out due to
water settling in the bottom of the tank.  I added five coats of WestSystem
epoxy to the bottom and sides of the tank before I put it back in.

Bill King