[C38] engine temp

Bill King wcking1 at cox.net
Tue Jul 10 16:40:33 EDT 2007

Bill,

When was the last time you cleaned out the heat exchanger?  You should do
this every couple of years.  Take it off and remove the end plate.  Soak it
in a 50/50 solution of muratic acid and water for about 30 minutes. Take a
coat hanger and run it through the tubes, then flush everything with fresh
water.  Make sure there is no broken zinc pieces plugging things up.

Engine should run at 165 - 180 degrees.  Other things to check would be the
raw water inlet & pump and the thermostat.

You should also change the coolant in the fresh water system every 100 hours
or so.

Bill King
Island Starr, Dana Pt. CA