[C38] ROLLER FURLER

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Tue Jul 31 13:13:42 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 08:08 -0700, Patrick Harpole wrote:
> Any thoughts or replacing worn out jib roller furler for Catalina 38?
>
> i.e.  is one brand more reliable than another?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

Hi, Patrick,
	I am in Southern California, and I had a company called Outbound Yacht
Services in Dana Point overhaul JACE's roller furling a few years ago.
It has worked great ever since.  They replaced some bearings, changed
the lead point for the halyard, and did a few other minor tweaks, and It
is really working well.  So if your furler doesn't have spots worn
through, that might be a good option.  I purchased a full set of
bearings direct from Profurl (I think that was the company, I don't have
my book here) over the internet, and it was much cheaper than I would
have thought.

Regards,
Les H