[C38] Purchasing a Catalina 38 (maybe)

William Knowles william_k_19810 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 10 21:58:25 EDT 2007

David we bought a 1985 38 last year this is our second
season. We had a bad bulkhead and had to have it
replaced. It cost about 4500 steep but worth the price
considering what a new 38 would cost. I'm 6 foot so I
hit my head everywhere I know there is 6'3 headroom
somewhere but I have not found it yet. That being said
these are great boats, We sail on the Chesapeake and
kick allot of butt in both light and heavy air with a
130 jib. If the engine is good and the bottom is
blister free or close and the rig is good the boat
should be OK. I had a bottom job peel and re-poxy. new
rig and redone interior, engine in good shape. She
needed sails and bulkhead paid in the 50s think I did
OK but I fell in love with the boat (that's bad) .
Good luck Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Bill Knowles "Flying Goose"