[C38] The Catalina Smile

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Mon Sep 17 13:58:03 EDT 2007

I imagine that if the smile were purely cosmetic, I wouldn't be concerned.  But, one of the consequences in my case is that I get sea water leaking into the bilge.  I know this because it leaks back out when I haul the boat, and it makes bottom painting a mess.  The real problem lies in having somewhat stagnant, oxygen depleted water around the stainless keel bolt.  This is the only circumstance I know of where stainless steel really corrodes.  Is the seeping around the keel stub a singular problem or have others with the smile noticed this?

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA

From: "idea asylum" <rw at idea-asylum.com>