[C38] main sheet

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Mon Oct 22 12:23:23 EDT 2007

I replaced my mainsheet system this summer with what I think figures out to be 5:1.  I placed a fiddle with a becket on the traveler with 1 extra single blocks on the boom.  The line goes from the becket on the fiddle up to the middle block down to the upper sheave on the fiddle then aft to the single block then down to the lower sheave on the fiddle up to the forward single block. This is led below and along side the solid vang to the base of the mast back to the cockpit.  I really like the arrangement and the Garhauer blocks were not that expensive.  I haven't noticed any deflection in the traveler.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett WA

From: "Rich West" <rw at idea-asylum.com>