[C38] 1980 fuel tank

DRS drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Wed Oct 24 13:34:53 EDT 2007

Dear Phil:
    Discreet Charm is hull #50, 1980 and has a 20 gal fuel tank. It is
leaking somewhere that I have not been able to find. I have had it out
and have replaced it, all pretty easy.
    I have images for you, but have not been able to post them owing to
the file size restriction.
How does one post images on our site?
Would it be possible to post these on the tech tab of our site?
Who is in charge of doing this?
Don

eyriepg at comcast.net wrote:
> After comparing Les's photos of his 1982 fuel tank, which looks like
> the tank drawing in the tech tips part of the C38 web site, I am
> concluding that this tank could not possibly fit under the
> quarterberth on my boat.  The main problem is the my raw water through
> hull is in the way.  Les's boat also has a larger access hole since
> his hole follows the chamfered shape of the quarterberth molding where
> my cutout is rectangular.
>
> Now I am wondering if any pre 1982 boats have a larger tank than the
> 18 gallon one that I have in my boat.  I believe that in 1982 Catalina
> made a number of changes to the interior of the C38.  The countertop
> around the sink is shaped differently and a little higher, and the
> floor is stepped down forward of the galley where the earlier floors
> slope down (this takes guests by surprise all the time).  Any comments
> by pre 1982 boat owners would be very helpful.
>
> Phil Gay
> C38 049 Que Linda
> Everett, WA

Donald R. Strong