[C38] 1980 fuel tank and size restrictions to the listserve

Rod and Patti Headlee ja38 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 25 10:57:30 EDT 2007

We have the 20 gallon tank in our 1979 model, there is no way the 35 gallon tank would fit because of the engine water intake and the size of the opening in the quarter berth. We are tiller steered and we have no water heater so we had a custom 40 gallon tank made that fits behind the engine for a total of 60 gallons. We did this while repowering with the Yanmar 3Y30. The one bad point is it will all have to be removed if we ever have to remove the strut for some reason.

Rod
S/V Joint Adventure