[C38] performance

William Knowles william_k_19810 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 11:42:04 EDT 2007

I installed a KIWI three blade in Flying goose this
year and had a marked improvement in both boat speed
and prop walk. Since the prop has a much greater pitch
in reverse than forward it bites faster in reverse and
gives that extra kick. The Kiwi is a good compromise
in cost also about $1200. Another thing I found is
keep your rudder straight when first backing it lets
the boat build speed quicker turning it to early acts
like a  brake in tight spots I know it is tempting but
if you reframe life becomes a whole lot easier.

Good Sailing
Bill

<http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx?pid=CL100626971033>