[C38] Battery Question

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 31 19:43:14 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 10:48 -0800, Larry Malmberg wrote:
> Am looking to replace our 4 house batteries, they are 100 amp each,
> any recommendations?  Will also most likely replace the start battery
> too.  We currently have Chairman batteries which have served us fine,
> the cost of lead has gone through the roof, thank you US Military LOL,
> so am looking for alternative type batteries, I have heard of a fiber
> type battery but can't seem to find much on them.   Any suggestions
> would be appreciated.

Hi, Larry,
	We have 4 Trojan T-105's on JACE.  Easier to install (62lbs each), and
that gives us 450 AH total capacity, >100 useable within the 25% range
of usage.  Currently they list for $138 at most solar outlets, and you
may find them cheaper.  The last set lasted <5 years with horrible
treatment by me, so I think they are a good and economical solution.
However they do not fit the stock box under the table settee, I have two
there and two in a plastic box strapped into the quarter berth.

Regards,
Les H

Regards,
Les H