[C38] Storm Sails

David L Ryan david at dlrfilms.com
Tue Nov 20 10:12:53 EST 2007

We're sending out the main for some maintenance and I had been
thinking  a third set of reef points wouldn't be a bad idea. Time to
call the sail loft...

I've seen the double roller furling rig on Legacy, but I think that's
out of the cards, at least for right now. I do love those pictures of
her in the Sea of Cortez. When I was in school cheap trips to Baja
were a Winter break treat!

I'm looking at a Gale Sail for what comes after rolling up the genoa
all the way. In fact, I just missed being able to buy a Gale Sale and
Trisail for about $700 cause I didn't act fast enough.  He who
hesitates pays retail!

With luck we won't see conditions that make any of this relavent any
time soon. But you know how it is, somehow the fates have a way of
finding those who are unprepared...