[C38] early 20 gal fuel tanks, remove & replace

mark turner empty1 at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 27 10:22:39 EST 2007

Mine is definately bigger than yours. and rectangular in plan view. It takes up pretty much nearly all the space. The extra fuel capacity was certainly very useful crossing the Gulf of Mexico when I took delivery of her.The through hulls for the engine and air con are both well over toward the centre line - and can be quite difficult to get to for those of us less flexible people.
All the other C38's I have been on have a low step down from the galley chart table area into the saloon. I found them quite lethal and much prefer the sloping floor - especially when under way at night, and doing watch changes by red light.
Good luck with the tank replacement.