[C38] inflatable tenders

Rich West rw at idea-asylum.com
Sun Jan 27 01:20:49 EST 2008

Hi Ken,

I'm guessing you're going to get as many opinions on this one as there are
people offering them.  I don't know if I've every met two people that agree
on the "right" type of dingy.  I'll throw my two cents in with my
preference; I like the inflatable to be easy to store below decks and as
light as possible to lift (and that goes for the engine also).  I have a
West Marine roll-up inflatable (PVC but I've always heard Hypelon is better)
with a 2 HP Yamaha engine.  It won't plane, goes nowhere fast, uses very
little fuel, is wet when it's choppy and windy but it works for me.  I think
I'd do the same thing again - and I need to soon as it's getting pretty worn
out.

Good luck.

Best,

Rich, Legacy, #360