[C38] floor cracks base of mast.

William Knowles william_k_19810 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 14:21:50 EDT 2008

While cleaning our bilge and shower sump area and head after much nagging by the first mate I discovered that the floor at the aft base of the mast had a large crack with a downward angle. I stuck my head in the bilge and the post to the keel seems straight and strong. But a photo I took looks as if there is a tab that attaches the floor to the post and that seems to be cracked. Has anyone else had this problem?  The mast is sound and appears straight the boat sails great. I do have photos but the site would not allow me to post to large. Any ideas and  is this a major or minor problem that can wait to winter haulout. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill Flying Goose