[C38] shifter follow-up

William Knowles william_k_19810 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 10:34:11 EDT 2008

I thought I would let everyone know what I found this past weekend with the shifter. I appears that the cable was the culprit. When I ran the engine and shifted with the leaver on the transmission everything worked fine, but when I tried it with the shift leaver it hung up again. I could not get the bracket off to adjust the cable as it looked to have a small bend when in gear  and was not  centered in neutral. Since the yard will have to remove and replace the bracket I choose to do the cable at the  same time since the labor will be the most of the cost. Will let you know how it comes out. One more thing those of you who fixed this problem yourself how did you fit in the opening and get your hands in to get enough leverage? I am 6 foot about 200 lbs and just could not fit my shoulders were the biggest problem.
AS always thanks for all the insight.
P.S. Is anyone going to be at the rendezvous this weekend in maryland. Hope to meet other 38 owners. I will be coming by land yacht as my crew (wife) will be in Cleveland.