[C38] Holding Tank

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Tue Jul 29 13:25:02 EDT 2008

Hi all, we have a Ronco B110 holding tank on Hassle and it's apparently gone
bad, the nipple from the tank and where it screws in leading to the
macerator is all deteriorated and we had a sewage leak into the bilge.  Any
one out there experienced in tank replacements?  Anything we need to be
keenly aware of in changing out the tank?  I found them on line for around
$150.00 bucks but is there a better tank out there?

Also, it appears that the lining in the tank is coming apart.  This all
started last weekend when the tank would not drain during a race, it was
plugged up and we found the crack where the nipple goes in.  Some epoxy is
holding it now but it will have to be done soon.

BTW we took a second in the Newport Beach to San Diego CA race last weekend!
Doing Santa Barbara to King Harbor (Redondo Beach) CA this coming Friday and
Saturday, wish us luck.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg
Hassle