[C38] Moving to LA

Kerry Grimes littlebreeze at comcast.net
Sat Nov 29 15:52:12 EST 2008

Good Morning All

I need some help from the Captains in the Los Angeles area.

I work for the State Of California and have recently accepted a
promotion which requires me to move from the San Francisco Bay area to
Los Angeles.  I mean right in the heart of LA where the 5 and the 10
come together.  This is a temporary one year assignment so I have no
plans to move my family or sell the house. I report on January 1, 2009.
  Happy New Year.

I have several options.

1. I can live with my sisters family in Mission Viejo.  As you know this
is a two hour commute each way.  Not a great idea when you are on 12
hour shifts.

2. Live on my boat.  With this I need some help.  I was hoping the
Captains from LA would send me a list of some of the marinas in their
area, phone numbers, and their rates. (I bet there is a waiting list)
I've been paying $200 a month and I'm sure it costs more down there.

3.  Make new sailing friends in LA.  Me and my boys go sailing twice a
week in the Delta.  They are not coming with me but I'm still going to
need my sailing fix.

Kerry Grimes
Little Breeze
139