[C38] Commodore Needed

C Steven Orton ssorton at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 15 01:04:46 EST 2008

Joseph Launie has officially resigned as our Commodore.  He has served for the past two years and wants to move on.  We appreciate his donated time and service.  Thanks Joe.

What is needed now is for a Catalina 38 enthusiast to step up and fill this gap.  We can not function without a commodore as we have in the past.  The job description given below was written by Phil Gay- a very active past commodore.

The Commodore shall appoint and coordinate the duties of the other officers of the Catalina 38 International Association.  These officers include the Membership Chairman and Treasurer, the Nationals Race Committee Chairman, the Website Designer and Listserve Coordinator, and the Mainsheet Magazine Editors.  He shall preside over meetings and authorize Association expenditures.  He shall, through example, promote cooperation and exchange of information between Association members.  He shall work to enhance the enjoyment of owning and sailing the Catalina 38 and advance its reputation and value.  The term of office shall be ideally two years.

Anyone who would like more information, please email
    Phil Gay (past Commodore) eyriepg at comcast.net
or Steve Orton (Treasurer)        ssorton at sbcglobal.net

We also need a Cat 38 MAINSHEET Association Editor to be responsible for submitting general association news to the MAINSHEET magazine.  The news can be written by anyone on any Catalina 38 subject.  The editor would be responsible for collecting and submitting the articles to the MAINSHEET magazine on time.

Thank you all for any consideration to the above,  Steve O