[C38] Good Foul Weather Gear

Bruce Liese bliese at kumc.edu
Thu Dec 18 18:46:31 EST 2008

Hi Larry,

My absolute favorite foulies are Gill Key West jackets and trousers.
They are pricy but worth every penny.  Everyone I know who wears them
stays warm and dry in the coldest, wettest weather.  I have a friend who
delivers yachts throughout the winter and he swears by them.   (Layering
is essential with any foul weather gear.)  I also highly recommend
Gill's Helmsman's gloves.  I did my research on foul weather gear after
suffering near-frostbite during my first Newport to Ensenada race on
Freudian Sloop II.  Practical Sailor has given Gill Key West very high
ratings.

I have access to the lowest prices on Gill foul weather gear.  But since
I don't want to seem like I'm advertising on this listserve I welcome
any back channel inquiries if you want help finding these at a good
price.

Bruce

>>> "Larry Malmberg" <larrypi at linkline.com> 12/17/08 3:11 PM >>>
Has anyone replaced their toe rails?  If so, where did you find new toe
rail
and what was the cost?  Foul Weather Gear, there are ton's of ads out
there
but I'm relying on the list for some recommendations.  Monday last we
took
Hassle up from Long Beach CA to Marina Del Rey for some bottom work, it
was
raining and pretty cold (my fingers got numb on the helm) so I'm looking
for
some good recommendations from some of the brothers up north, inland
etc.
that sail in very cold and foul weather.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg
Hassle