[C38] ASYMMETRICAL MEASURES

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Wed Jan 23 22:05:45 EST 2008

Les,
    I use something called a tacker which my sailmaker got me. It hooks
over the furled sail, or in our case, since we use racing sails, over
the headfoil. You hook the down haul to it and attach the end of the
chute. It keeps the sail from sagging off to leeward and makes it much
more effective. We run our downhaul down the side deck to a snatch block
on the rail and then to a winch on the cabin top. Joe