[C38] inflatable tenders

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Sat Jan 26 22:56:53 EST 2008

I was at the Seattle boat show today also.  I bought a PVC inflatable a couple of months ago.  I understand that PVC is better in cool climates where the UV resistance of Hypalon is less important.  I was told that PVC doesn't get as brittle in the cold and is slightly easier to patch.  Also Hypalon is inherently less leak resistance because of the fabric and also because of the seams which are welded in PVC.

I will be buying some retractable wheels for the transom to make beaching with a heavy outboard easier.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA

From: "Kenneth M. Sutto" <kmspacific at hotmail.com>

              I was at the Seattle boat show today looking at inflatable dinghies. It's a little comfusing trying to figure out  what is what. I looked the the Zodiac Typhoon, Walker Bay Odyssey AF, and the Achilles Lex Standard 88. Some of these are pvc,some are hypalon. Some have removable hard floors ,wood or metal, some have air floors.
              Anybody out there sugest what is good or what is bad to look out for? I want to get from the boat to shore, sometimes gravelly sometimes sandy beach. I also want to work on the boat in the water with tools and gear in the tender.

            Thanks,

            Ken      "Sundancer"    #253