[C38] bilge pumps

Rick Swensson rswensson at cox.net
Sun Feb 17 23:04:05 EST 2008

will do Ken,

give me a day or two

Rick
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kenneth M. Sutto
  To: Catalina 38 Listserve
  Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:05 PM
  Subject: Re: [C38] bilge pumps

           Rick, if you get a chance send a phot of your bilge setup.
           Ken

    From: rswensson at cox.net
    To: listserve at catalina38.org
    Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:25:41 -0800

    Yep, Ken,
    I had the same thing on Rascal.  Actually I have two pumps mounted in the bilge, one with a float switch, the other switched manually from the panel.  Both lead to separate check valves then "Y" together in the aft end of the bilge, leading in a single hose to the transom exhaust port (not engine exhaust).  I use pumps similar to the Rule 2000 in this photo.  Now, no more flush back and my bilge usually has only 1/2" or so of water.  To get the bilge completely dry you need a different kind of pump but the simple can type pumps work great on my boat.  And No, I don't need any extra batteries!  If you like I can post a photo of the setup.  Let me know.

    Rick Swensson