[C38] Speaking of prop struts...

eyriepg at comcast.net eyriepg at comcast.net
Wed Feb 20 16:45:40 EST 2008

When I bought our boat 10 years ago, the strut was loose.  I remember being told that the strut was dropped in from the inside and glassed over the top and around the bottom.  There are no bolts anywhere.  The yard that repaired it ground the glass from around the outside of the strut tapering it back and reglassed it.  I have had no problems with it since.

The reason for the looseness was that the previous owner bent the strut to port so that he could get the shaft out when he reengined the boat.  He clearly had more brawn than brain and I have forgiven him for many "improvements" he made to the boat.

Phil Gay
C38 049 Que Linda
Everett, WA
From: "Duff, Russ (R.W.)" <rduff at visteon.com>