[C38] gps transducer

Kenneth M. Sutto kmspacific at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 11 13:42:16 EDT 2008

       I have a new Garmin  500 series gps and I want to install a shoot through transducer. According to the owners manual the hull needs to be solid fiberglass and the hull can be no more than 5/8'' thick when using a 500 W transducer or no more than 1'' thick when using a 1kW transducer. My hull is a 1983 year, does anyone know what the hull thickness is? Also has anyone installed a shoot through hull transducer? If so what specific area of the hull did you glue it down?

      Ken              " Sundancer"