[C38] Companionway hatch wear

Charles charles at finn.ws
Mon Mar 31 10:13:54 EDT 2008

Phil,
I took this hatch off when I stripped / painted my deck two years ago.
If your hatch is like mine, I also have wear in the middle of the hatch
where the slide wear allows that area to rub as well. My call at the
time was the flanges had not worn too far, but I considered attaching
teflon to the flange. They sell teflon slides for boat trailers at Bass
Pro Shops, Cabela's, etc. and cost about $25. I think I recall a product
called "sylk slides." I was going to cut them down and rivet them to the
flange, but I ran out of time.

Charles Finn
Mighty Quinn #114
Saratoga Springs, NY