[C38] Old fuel

Larry Malmberg larrypi at linkline.com
Wed May 21 16:15:47 EDT 2008

Guess we are lucky here, even though we try to sail everywhere sometimes we
just have to engine it.  We did the Newport Beach CA to Ensenada race,
placed 4th in our class but coming home it was engine all the way, 24 hours.
We do races from Santa Barbara CA to Redondo Beach CA and its engine up to
Santa Barbara.  We have actually run out, two times, of diesel and quickly
learned how to prime the injectors etc. and replace the fuel gauge.  LOL So,
you can see we probably fill up 4 times a year and I'm quite sure we have no
algae, water or other miscellaneous gunk in our tank.  But then again, we
are 12 month a year sailors out here in CA.  BTW filled up last Monday,
$4.75/gal WITH our yacht club discount, YIPES!!!  And our burn rate is .84
gallons/hr at about 2200 rpm.

Best regards,

Larry Malmberg

Hassle