[C38] Single reefing lines

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Sat May 24 16:54:42 EDT 2008

Max,
    I agree with Rod - I do not know how to make one line work. You can
do it with two. On Macavity we have our Cunningham tackle set up with a
hook we put in a cringle on the luff of the sail. That comes aft to a
jam cleat on the cabin top. You could have the after reef line run
forward to a block on the mast, then down to a turning block at the mast
base and then lead it aft to a jam cleat on the cabin top. Sequence is
important. Lower the halyard first, then cinch up the Cunningham and
finally cinch up the reefing line. Joe Launie, Commodore, Macavity