[C38] Sail Cleaning

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Thu May 29 16:38:43 EDT 2008

I am taking my sails into the local loft for some moderate repairs on
the 130 and 150 and some work on the main (it needs more help than sail
trim for a good shape).  The local lofts all charge .80 a square foot
for cleaning, a service that picks them up and soaks them for a week.
For the three sails that's roughly $1050 just for cleaning, what have
others used for cleaning up their old sails.  I've been told by North
Sails not to use bleach at all in any dilution as it breaks down the
resins.  I'm thinking of buying a plastic garbage can and soaking them
myself If I can find out what is the best solution to soak them in.  Any
experiences?  Thanks.

Steve Smolinske
President

4M Company, Inc.
15660 Nelson Place South
Seattle, WA  98188
425-227-4500
www.rainierrubber.com <http://www.rainierrubber.com/>

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or
proprietary in nature and is intended for the recipient of the email
only.  Please treat all information contained in this and any
communication with the 4M Company as such.  Thank you.

P Before printing, think about ENVIRONMENTAL responsibility