[C38] Crew for Catalina 38 delivery from San Francisco to British Columbia

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Tue Jun 3 17:13:48 EDT 2008

Phil,
    I am a bit concerned about this trip. Those are very difficult
waters. Recently, just outside SF we had a 2 man crew washed off an
Olson 40 which is still drifting around the Pacific and a 31 footer
rolled over and sunk by a sneaker wave killing both crew members. I am
uncomfortable with the thought of a novice skipper and pick-up crew
making this trip. I would suggest the owner find a GOOD professional
delivery skipper and go along to learn. It may cost a bit more but
having the owner and boat survive the trip is worth something. Members
of our fleet are hard to come by so we do not want to lose any. Joe
Launie, Macavity Commodore