[C38] Crew for Catalina 38 delivery from San Francisco to BritishColumbia

S. Orton ssorton at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 00:51:11 EDT 2008

Phil,  When I read your email, my wife in the next room heard a giant sucking sound!  In my youth I worked on a gasoline tanker with stops in LA, SF, Portland, and Seattle.  To me San Francisco was mild compared to seas off the Colombia River.  Also there aren't very many safe harbors north of San Francisco.  With a lot of luck, this trip could be made with an "experienced skipper" who knows his boat's problem areas well and with very good real time weather forecasting.  My boat will probably end in the Seattle area and I've given a lot of thought of how to accomplice the task of getting from San Diego area to the Sound.
    1.  Pull the mast and truck it up.
    2.  Sail south to Ensenada and put it on ship designed to haul small craft, which has west coast "ports of call" of             Vancouver, BC and Ensenada only.
Cheers,  Steve O (aka-chicken little)----- Original Message -----